Protein Popsicles

This summer has been a hot one in Southern California. We just suffered through a heatwave of temperatures above 105 degrees for 5 days straight. To cool off and get my protein in I made Protein Popsicles. This is also great to do if you just can't finish your shake one morning. Freeze a portion and have a frosty treat later in the day.

Mix your protein shake like normal. I'm a soy milk girl so I use a combo of soy milk and water but you can use milk, water, or a combo. Whatever you normally use. Then pour the shake into plastic popsicle molds or use a Dixie cup covered with plastic wrap. Insert a wooden stick through the plastic wrap. When frozen tear away the Dixie cup and discard the wrap.


The Popsicle pictured is a Frozen Pumpkin Spice Popsicle

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

8 oz. water or 4 oz. soy milk/4 oz. water
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (chilled)
Dash of pumpkin pie spice

Place water in the blender first, then powder, then additions. Blend on low then high till well blended.


Here's some recipes of the shakes I make. All of these can be turned into protein popsicles.

When I tell people I make protein popsicles I often get asked whether it "does anything" to the protein. Disclaimer: my degrees are in Political Science and Child & Family Studies NOT Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition, etc. but I do eat chicken, fish, and beef that have been frozen and the protein seems to be generally thought of as intact. So if someone knows something different let me know.