Quesadilla


The only "bread" I will occasionally eat are these awesome Mission Brand Carb Balance Whole Wheat 6" Fajita Size Tortillas. Click on the link to see my review, nutritional info, and the master list of wraps I make with them.

Last night I took the "fixins" of a pre-op favorite sandwich and made an awesome quesadilla.

Shelly's Santa Fe Quesadilla

Mission Brand Carb Balance Whole Wheat 6" Fajita Size Tortillas
Sliced Turkey
Monterey Jack Cheese
Mild Green Chiles (I use ORTEGA brand Whole Mild Green Chiles)
Sliced Avocado

Drain the chilis and remove any seeds. Slice the avocado. Layer it all in a tortilla. Heat in a pan or on the grill till till cheese is melted and veggies warmed.

Want to make it without the tortilla? Go for it. I've also used the turkey slice as the "tortilla" and folded the other ingredients in the middle. Heat in same manner. It's just not as easy to pick up ;)

This is a killer combo. Try it.