Homemade Christmas

I'm so in the crafty Christmas spirit after reading the suggestions everyone made on HelenMaree's thread over at OH.

I added a few to the thread that I've made in the past and I almost forgot one of my favorites.

Handprint Snowman Ornament


When I was teaching we made one of these for every parent. Well they weren't a favorite at the time because we needed to make 450 on a deadline but they were a total hit. On a small family project scale they would be soooo fun. I think they would be absolutely great gifts for children to give Grandma & Grandpa's.

What you need:

Plain Blue Christmas Ball (the shiny metallic type)
White Paint (puffy paint works well)
Colored Paint Markers
Cute ribbon & tag (I made them on the computer)
A child

Here's how you make them:

Paint child's palm and fingers white. Carefully have them hold the blue ball to create the five snowmen. Use a paint marker to make hats, faces, and scarves.

Attach a tag with this poem:

These aren't just five snowmen
As anyone can see.
I made them with my hand
Which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall
Christmas of 2007
When my hand was just this small!