Land of the Living

I'm so excited. I went to the Farmer's Market this morning and walked around two times and get this... I put a pair of jeans on! I've been living in a sweatsuit since surgery. So this was a big deal for me. It made me feel like I was in the land of the living again. It was still a little difficult getting in and out of the car but I feel like I'm turning a corner. I'm really swollen in the middle and sides but my legs are almost 100% again. I get my stitches out next week. Woo Hoo! I'll be one month on Thursday.

The Farmer's Market was huge today. Tons of new vendors. I think more have come out for the holiday season. I bought Brussel Sprouts, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Corn, Garlic, my Mom's favorite Austrian Fruit Bread (yeah! she's been without it for a month I felt bad) and a couple of Turkish Burgers that we ate for Brunch. Mmmm super good. I topped them with:

Shelly's Yogurt Dill Sauce

3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
4-5 Sprigs fresh Dill, chopped
Kosher Salt & Freshly Cracked Pepper to taste

Mix together. Keeps 3+ days in the fridge. For a different flavor change the herb to fresh basil or cilantro.

This is a great sauce for dipping meats if you have difficulties with foods sticking. Dip fish, chicken, beef, veggies. I used it the other night on Salmon.


My trick to eating dense protein in the beginning was keeping things moist whether through cooking technique or dipping.

So after the Farmer's Market I head over to Starbuck's where I saw an advertisement for the custom Starbuck's cards. Have you seen these? You pay $4 or so extra for a Starbuck's card that has your order on the front. So seriously considering this. I'm sick of having to say my order three times each time I go. I realize it's a long one but come on...

Me: I'd like a Tall Hot Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte with no whipped cream.

Starbuck's Dude: (vacant, spacey look) Cinnamon Dolce no whipped.

Me: No. Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte with no whipped

Starbuck's Dude: Oh Sugar Free

Me: Yeah and Soy.

Starbuck's Dude: Oh Soyyyy. Ok.

I could just hand them the card and say "Make that" LOL. What a time saver!


Tonight it's Grilled Shrimp Kabobs again. I like to BBQ on the weekends.

Highlights of the day:

* Jeans!!!

* Feeling a bit more normal.

* Currently about 25 songs into an 80's music marathon on my Ipod.

Listening to: "Boys of Summer" Don Henley