It's National Cereal Day


Hogdson's Mills Multi Grain Hot Cereal. I picked this up at the store the other day. I figured since it was National Cereal Day today. It was a good day to see what it was all about.


I've been wanting a few more quick breakfast options. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. That's pretty darn quick. This is so what Goldilocks snaked from the three bears. It's a blend whole grains including oats and cracked whole wheat, soy, unprocessed wheat bran, untoasted wheat germ and flax seed. We've all heard that flax is good stuff. It's nature's richest plant source of Omega-3 Oils.

Yadda yadda yadda but how does it taste?

After it was cooked I added a splash of vanilla soy milk and drizzle of Cary's sugar free maple syrup. Verdict: a yummy alternative to my Oatmeal. It's nuttier and has more texture than oatmeal. It kept me full and satisfied all morning too. It would be a great "stick to your ribs" breakfast on a chilly morning. I'm going to add a handful of fresh blueberries next time.

See I do carbs.

Ingredients:
Oats, Unprocessed Wheat Bran, Milled Flaxseed, Soy Grits, Untoasted Wheat Germ, Cracked Whole Wheat

Serving Size 1/3 cup
Calories 160
Calories From Fat 30
Total Fat (g) 3g
Carbohydrates (g) 25g
Dietary Fiber (g) 6g
Sugar 1g
Protein 7g
Iron 10%
Thiamine 20%
Riboflavin 6%
Niacin 2%
Folic Acid 7%
Potassium 2%