How I roll...

I have really been wanting to diversify my exercise routine but I know me... any exercise I do has to be fun or it won't happen. I can't bare to spend hours on machines in a sweaty smelly gym. I need the great outdoors. I've been a walker/hiker (30 minutes to 1 hour a day) since week one after surgery but that is pretty much the extent of my exercise routine. Well and the occasional beat the crap out of BOB session I have when I need to work out life's frustrations.

I was soooo inspired by Charlie's beach bike ride adventures. I thought... that sounds perfect. I'll get a bike. I always loved my bike as a child and teen... the sun on my back, wind in my face and all that. It'll work the areas I need to focus on legs and thighs...

BUT and there's a big BUT...

I haven't been on a bike in 15+ years (maybe longer) so of course I decided to buy my bike and christen it with a 5 mile ride (in mid-day 100+ degree summer sun.) That's so me.

Here's me upon arriving home all sweaty and happy on my new bike...

Meet my new ride.

The Great Bike Experiment of 2008 is a success.

Success equals getting home with the bike and me in one piece and looking forward to my next ride.

This is the catalog shot of my Electra Townie 8 speed: