Hunka Hunka Banana Love

Elvis would have loved this one...


Shelly's Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Ice Cream

1 cup (plus 1/4 cup) Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk), divided use
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons PB 2 Peanut Powder (or Peanut Butter)
1 Banana, mashed
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF White Chocolate)

Mix 1/4 cup milk and PB 2 together till well blended (if you use regular PB nuke it a bit to thin it.) Mix together milk, protein. syrup, banana and reconstituted PB2. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a Tupperware) to set for an hour.


Little bit o' trivia: It's the anniversary of Elvis's death. According to The Great Food Almanac, the last food that Elvis Presley ate was four scoops of ice cream and 6 chocolate chip cookies. I guess that was a pretty tasty last supper.

Highlights of the Day:

* Got some more of those awesome Kyoto Grapes at the Farmer's Market. They are soooo good totally like drinking Welch's Grape Juice. I also picked up some Prickly Pears too... for those of you on the East Coast. Prickly Pears are the fruit of a cactus. We use them a lot in Sicilian cooking. We call them Ficurinnia. At my last house we had hundreds of them (yellow ones, red ones... the yellow ones are sweetest) I was literally giving them away to strangers on the street. They are crazy spiny and hurt like a SOB if you get them in your skin. The ones at the FM had thankfully been removed. Prickly Pear Protein Ice Cream maybe? Here's this morning's haul. Not too much today just a few things...


* This was a yesterday highlight really but... I had a consultation appointment with a Chiropractor. I've never been to one but I keep being told or reading that adjustments may help my headaches soooo I'm gonna give it a try. It was pretty neat. Just took measurements and stuff like that no actual treatment till next time. I did find out I am 15 lbs. heavier on the right side of my body. That's not the side I would have guessed. I have a slightly fatter left leg so I would have guessed that side but nope. I'm also 2" off kilter. Couldn't be the $17 of coins I carry in my purse? Could it? Errr. Yeah so hopefully a few visits will help. Maybe?

* 68 cent canned bean sale. I am stocked up on legumes.

Listening to: "Babylon" David Gray