Dip & Dunk

With the holidays approaching here's a weight loss surgery friendly dip recipe that is super yummy.

I made a batch the other day for my Mum and I. We ate this and played Boggle (remember that game... I found it in the garage) outside under my electric stars. I won Boggle by the way. I am a Boggle Queen.


Shelly's Roasted Eggplant Yogurt Dip

6-7 Baby Eggplants, sliced in half
1 Red Onion
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the eggplant and onion into chunks. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet.

Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly.

Place the vegetables in a food processor add the oregano and tomato paste, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Blend in Yogurt. Taste for salt and pepper.

Dippers: sliced cucumbers, celery, carrots, jicama, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, soy crisps, flax chips, cold cut roll-ups.


Highlights of the day:

* In my quest to do good things for myself. I went and shot some hoops at the park near my house. I have like no upper body strength so I was thinking of things I could do fun that would help strengthen me in that department. Curling weights doesn't do it for me. Boooooring. So yeah I suck at basketball but practice makes perfect right?!

* Looked at 2 condos yesterday and I have a realtor emailing new ones each day. Scary. So adult and unlike me.

* Oh yeah I bought the coolest reversible leather belt at TJMaxx today because my size 4 pants are falling off. Yeah you heard me right... size 4... falling off.

Listening to: "Never tear us apart" INXS. Michael Hutchence he was a cutie.