Smart Sushi - Riceless

When I go out for sushi I typically order a Sashimi platter which is just different selections of raw fish. I love it. I could eat it everyday if it wasn't soooo expensive. I do miss the different sushi rolls but alas I do not do rice post-op by choice.

I was laying in bed wide awake at 3 AM again (what else is new?!) and I thought... OK can't do the rice but all the other stuff is doable. This is what I came up with. It's so yummy! All the flavors of a California Roll without the useless white rice carbs...

WLS weightloss No Rice Riceless Sushi Low CarbShelly's California Roll Salad

8 oz. Crab Meat (Imitation Flake or Real)
1 Cucumber, diced
1 Avocado, diced
Baby Spinach
1 Green Onion, sliced on the bias

Wasabi Yogurt Dressing
2 oz. Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon Wasabi Powder
squeeze of Lime Juice
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt

Mix crab, cucumber and avocado together. Spoon onto a bed of baby spinach leaves. Mix dressing ingredients together till well combined. Spoon over salad. Sprinkle with green onions.

I used flake imitation crab aka surimi (it's a bit higher in carbs but cheaper on the pocketbook) than the real deal. Surimi is usually made from Alaskan Pollock and typically what they use in California Rolls. If you aren't a sushi person still try this salad... even people who don't like sushi like California Rolls.

Other Eggface Asian Food Fixes:

Shelly's Asian Lettuce Cups
Shelly's Chinese New Year Meatball Soup
Shelly's Chicken Chop Suey
Shelly's Chinese Shrimp Packet
Shelly's Cashew Chicken
Shelly's Shrimp & Peas Stir Fry
Shelly's Foo Rangoon Bites
Shelly's Chicken Egg Foo Young
Shelly's Almond Cookie Protein Ice Cream