Perfect Fall Dinner

Some of my weekend Farmer's Market haul (eggplant, zucchini, onions) became this unbelievably yummy casserole. I used ground beef but really you could make it with turkey, sausage, even those Morningstar textured veggie protein soy crumbles if you have vegetarians coming to dinner. It was a perfect Fall dinner.


Shelly's Eggplant & Chickpea Casserole

1/2 pound Ground Beef (or Turkey, Sausage, TVP)
1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Medium Eggplant, diced
1 Small Zucchini, diced
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 (15 oz.) can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
1 cup Diced Tomatoes, with juice (I used canned S&W)
1 teaspoon Greek Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
Olive Oil for sauteing

Saute onion, eggplant, and zucchini till golden and tender. Add beef and garlic. Cook beef till no pink is seen. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, seasonings. Mix till well combined.

Pour into Pyrex casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Glad something was perfect today... I went on a coffee date this morning. No love connection. Nice guy but not the one for me. The silver lining: being alone just means I'll be free when my soul mate finally does cross my path. I do kind of hope he jogs by me one day soon versus hobbles by me with his walker 50 years from now but whatever will be will be. I trust it will all work out. I have faith he'll have been worth the wait... and Pfizer does make that convenient little blue pill ;)