Terrific Tuna Salad Recipe

One of my favorite lunches. Great for taking to the park, beach, or in my case work today. No mayo or yogurt so no risk of spoilage and it only gets better and better by the end of the day...

Garbanzo Beans Tuna Fish Seafood Lunch
Shelly's Chickpea & Tuna Salad

1 can Tuna Fillets, packed in Olive Oil, drained (I use Ventresca Tuna Fillets)
1 (15 oz. can) Chick Peas, rinsed & drained
3 Artichoke Hearts, packed in water, drained & chopped
1/4 cup of Olives, sliced
2 Tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes, packed in oil, drained, chopped
1 stalk of Celery, sliced
1 Tablespoon Orange Muscat Champagne (or some other fruity) Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix mustard, vinegar, salt & pepper together. Set aside. Mix all salad ingredients together. Pour dressing over. Toss till well combined. Chill.

Garbanzo Bean Healthy Lunch RecipesI am exhausted. Just spent the last 8 hours helping make some bride's dream come true wedding feast. For those of you that don't know I have a caterer friend who calls me when she needs an extra set of hands. Well my hands hurt but so do my legs, feet, head come to think of it there's not really a part of my body that doesn't ache. It was hard work but a fun day and I learned a lot. Thank goodness I brought this yummy salad for lunch which kept me going.

My one complaint is my pal/boss is a HUGE country music fan so she has it blaring in the prep kitchen. I like a few country songs but it's not my favorite style of music and after about hour 4 I was starting to have a twang when I talked. Tonight I seriously need to listen to something to counteract my forced countrification. What's as far from country as you can get? Hmmm some 2Pac or Beastie Boys, Led Zeppelin maybe ;) Ohhh I know songs from Glee. Can't wait for next week. Mr. Shue is gonna Bust-a-Move...