Happy Easter!

Beyond the religious meaning of the day, Easter to me represents spring, awakening, new beginnings. If you have lost your way a bit, it's a great time to make a fresh start.

On our menu today... I picked up a 3 pound Ham. I'm going to glaze it with some SF Apricot Jam and serving it with a variation of my Roasted Eggplant "Stuffing" and I bought some gorgeous artichokes at the Farmer's Market on Saturday so I'll be making those too. I serve them like this with a Roasted Garlic Yogurt Dip. I've got the King's Speech and the Glee Encore DVD to watch. And of course, we have some Easter goodies...

My traditional Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Nests, a batch of Mini Coconut Protein Muffins and a couple of Sugar Free Storebought Candies (careful of the sugar alcohols - too many and the powder room will be your hang-out for the day, moderation is key)

Shelly's Coconut Protein Muffins

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Sugar-Free Coconut Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
2 Tablespoons Almond Meal
1 Tablespoon Sugar-Free Jello Vanilla Pudding Mix, dry
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Pinch salt
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut for the top

In a measuring cup mix egg, milk, syrup, and oil (applesauce or cottage cheese can sub for oil but 1 T divided between 12 muffins is really not a lot) and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, almond meal, pudding mix, protein powder, and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Pour into a nonstick mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Optional: Place a few shreds of coconut on top of each muffin. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean. Makes 12.

You have to make these muffins. Soooo good! Great on-to-go breakfast paired with my Coconut Cream Protein Shake or toss a couple in a snack sized Ziploc baggie and when your meeting friends for coffee at Starbuck's you'll have something yummy you can have too.

Q: What do you call ten rabbits marching backwards?
A: A receding hareline.

Ba dum CHING :)

Happy Easter to all my pals who celebrate!

P.S. The super cute Egg Cozie (pictured above) was a gift from my Mum last year. She made them.