Meatless Monday Recipe: Cauliflower Power

I had no idea it was World Vegetarian Day, the annual kick-off of Vegetarian Awareness Month, till I logged onto twitter this afternoon and saw a tweet about it but so far it's been a vegetarian day. Not holding out hope for dinner as I'm heading to a Greek Festival and ummm well the Souvlaki will be calling me but what I had for lunch is a vegetarian dream.

Sooooo flippin' good and CHEAP. I scored a gorgeous cauliflower at get this... the 99¢ store of all places.

Vegetarian Meatless Monday Dinner Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Gastric Bypass Vertical Sleeve Cooking Blog Shelly's Cauliflower Fritters

2 cups Cooked Cauliflower, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/4 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
a few twists of Black Pepper

Boil cauliflower in salted water until fork tender but not falling apart. Drain. Coarsely chop cauliflower. I snipped it with kitchen shears. Add remaining ingredients. Mix till combined. Using an ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measure form into patties. Slightly press down. Place in a non-stick pan that has been sprayed with Pam or a small drizzle of Olive Oil. Cook on low to medium heat till browned on one side about 5 minutes. Flip, pat down slightly and cook till browned on other side about 5 minutes. I made 8 fritters, the recipe can be halved I wanted leftovers.

Serve with Shelly's Garlicky Parmesan Yogurt Dip or Shelly's High Protein Parmesan Dip for an extra protein punch or they are also yummy with Marinara Sauce. Nom.

Other Eggface Vegetarian Recipes