A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: Made a batch of Protein Granola (it's basically my CLICK'n Granola but using any protein powder) this time I used Vanilla Protein and instead of cinnamon I used Pumpkin Spice. When it was cool I sprinkled a handful on some Greek yogurt (sweetened with Sugar Free Torani Syrup and a dash of Pumpkin Spice)


Shelly's Protein Granola

1/3 cup Oatmeal, dry
1/3 cup Sliced Almonds
1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
1 scoop Protein Powder (your favorite flavor this time I used Vanilla)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (or this time I used Pumpkin Spice)
3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (your favorite flavor, I used Sugar Free Vanilla)
2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon Butter

Mix together with a fork till clumps form. Sprinkle clumps of the topping onto a baking sheet (I lined it with foil for ease of clean-up) and bake for 20 minutes at 350. Allow to cool. When cool store in sealed container for several days.


Makes a yummy crunchy topping on Sugar Free Pudding and Custard, Greek Yogurt, Protein Ice Cream, fruit or on its own. Place a little in a snack size Ziploc for an on-the-go snack or breakfast.

Lunch: Turkey Burger and Tomato Salad (sliced tomatoes, oregano, basil, mozzarella cheese)


Shelly's Turkey Burger

3/4 pound (about 1/2 a package) Ground Turkey
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Oatmeal, dry
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Bagel Spice (basically it's poppy seeds, minced onion and garlic, white and black sesame seeds, caraway seeds and salt)
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Divide into 4. Shape into patties. Saute in pan (I use a little olive oil or Pam) till golden brown. Flip and continue to cook till cooked through.

Dinner: Sat outside on the patio, under the electric stars and conducted a Gouda taste test. The other day when I near the beach I stopped in a Whole Foods and as usual couldn't resist the cheese section. I always leave with 2 or 3 to try. It just so happens they were all varieties of Gouda. The cheeses: UnieKaas Vintage Grand Ewe, Robusto, and (my fav) Yodeling Goat Gouda with some nuts, sliced apple and cucumber.


Frugal $ Tip: instead of getting the pre-cut packages of cheese which are usually too large a quantity for us weight loss surgery altered chitlin peeps to consume, ask them to cut a tiny lump (under 1/4 lb) of whatever you want.


I usually get 2 or 3 different cheeses to take home and try and spend less than one large piece would have been.

Snacks: Too much coffee, samples at the "Costco Buffet" (an inch of Italian Sausage and Hot Dog) they were closing up samples usually us weight loss surgery post-ops can score a free lunch at Costco ;) it was late in the afternoon and I decided to buy another fan. We have had a mild summer so far but I hear that is about to change. This fan is for the garage where Charlie my cat likes to hang out. Oh and I drank about 1/2 of an Oh Yeah RTD Ready to Drink Strawberry Protein Shake.


post signature