A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate today...

Breakfast: Shelly's Bananas Foster Yogurt - Sugar Free Caramel Torani sweetened Greek Yogurt (plain), topped with 1/2 a mashed banana and a sprinkle of toasted Almonds.


My eye is looking better today. Yesterday morning I woke up with a black eye and red marks on my neck. Crazy. No clue how it happened. I'm thinking the aliens came back. No seriously, I must beat the crap out of myself in my sleep? Lucky I'm single.

Lunch: Finally had a free morning to take my Mum to the movies and lunch and since my eye looked a bit better we took off for an early matinee. We realized the other day that the Oscars are on Sunday and we haven't seen any of the nominees. We chose Silver Linings Playbook It's up for Best Picture, Best Actor (Bradley Cooper yum), Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress too. We both loved it. We had lunch at Panera Bread. I wanted to try the Hidden Menu (High Protein, Low Carb) I'd heard about.


I ordered the Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad (chicken, baby spinach, romaine, tomatoes, apple-wood smoked bacon, diced eggs, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil) It was tasty. I would have loved a few toasted almonds or cucumbers on top. I was looking for a little crunch, everything was soft, even the bacon bits. I appreciate the menu though for sure. Thanks Panera. Looking forward to trying the other menu items, the breakfast ones are interesting to me. I ate almost all of the good stuff and left most of the spinach. Not that spinach isn't good stuff, it's great but only so much post weight loss surgery pouch real estate, protein gets first dibs.

Dinner: I made one of my favorite casseroles: Shelly's Mediterranean Baked Shrimp



Snacks: Lots of coffee and I took a snack baggie of Applewood Smoked Almonds with me to the movies. I sometimes get a small no-butter popcorn but I had those yummy almonds and trust me if you tasted those you'd want those over popcorn too.


I've got a 1/2 of a Quest Protein Bar in the new Cookie Dough flavor sitting in front of me in all it's ooey gooey chocolatey glory, I heated it up for 8 seconds in the microwave. My pear I had planned to eat was not ripe enough yet. American Idol is on in the background. I'm waiting for the dryer to stop to fold clothes. Hoping the aliens stay away ;) That's my world tonight. Hope all is well in your world.


More days in my pouch

post signature