A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. I didn't realize till just now that I had an entirely vegetarian day...

Breakfast: Store-bought Pineapple Cottage Cheese with a few Raspberries and a sprinkle of Pistachios and Almonds during a phone meeting discussing the Your Weight Matters Convention details (I'm on the planning committee.) Are you coming? CNN will be there. So exciting! I love that more people will hear our stories and learn what WE ALL LIVE AND KNOW to be true that weight and obesity is more than "just stepping away from the table." There are still tickets available. I hope you will consider making the trip.


Lunch: Leftovers. I made a version of my Cauliflower Pie, one of my favorite post-op dinners and heated up a piece for lunch. My cauliflower was on the small side and I had some mushrooms that needed using so I decided to throw them in. Delicious.



Shelly's Mushroom Cauliflower Pie

1 head of Cauliflower, cooked and mashed
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
8-10 Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
3 Eggs, beaten
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (divided use)
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Chives
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Topping
Marinara Sauce (I use jarred - Rao's is my fav)
Cheese

Break up cauliflower florets and cook in salted water till fork tender. Drain. Mash. Saute onion and mushroom till golden. Mix remaining ingredients together (hold back 1 Tablespoon of the Parmesan.) Pour into a 8 x 11.5 x 2 (2 qt) Pyrex casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam non-stick cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes and place under the broiler for 5 more minutes to brown.

 
When done I cut the pie into squares (I get 8-10 squares from the pie.) You can eat it as is but I top each square with a Tablespoon of Marinara Sauce and a sprinkle of cheese and it goes back under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Mmmm. Nuke to reheat.

Dinner: Grilled some zucchini to have on hand in the fridge. It makes a great quick dinner just topped with cheese and placed under the broiler or if you have more time turned in Pastaless Manicotti or Lasagna. Tonight I chopped a few pieces as a Tortilla Pizza topping. Shelly's Grilled Zucchini Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped Italian Blend Cheese, Grilled Zucchini and a sprinkle of Italian Seasonings. 375ยบ for 10 minutes in the oven.


More Eggface Pizza

Snacks: Too much Coffee and a super secret taste test I can't blog about yet. I was creating my entry for an upcoming cooking contest and had to have a few bites to make sure it was contest ready. I think it's a winner (and it's weight loss surgery friendly of course.) I'll tell you all about it in a few weeks. My goal is to win at least one cooking contest a year. Last year I won 2. My biggest win $$ last year was Silk Milk's Holiday Contest. Wish me luck.

More days in my pouch 

post signature