Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: A Homemade Protein Square (cross between an oatmeal cookie and protein bar, dense and chewy, not too sweet)


Eggface Grab and Go Breakfast Ideas

Lunch: Roast Beef, Cheddar Cheese and Spinach Cold Cut Roll-up dipped in Mustard. This is one of my favorites. I also had 4 tomatoes from my plants I'm growing on the patio. They never made it in the house I popped them in my mouth warm from the sun. What's that saying, "God made dirt, dirt don't hurt." ;)


5 Things to Do With Cold Cuts
10 Favorite Protein Sources

Dinner: Foil Fish Packet. A go-to dinner at my house. Especially in the summer heat because of the minimal prep and no heating up the kitchen. Shelly's Tilapia Puttanesca Foil Fish Packet: slice up some zucchini placed it on a piece of foil. Add a piece of any fish you like (I used tilapia, shrimp or scallops would be great too, just lower the time by 5 minutes) Sprinkle with salt, pepper, 1 green onion, 1/4 cup canned chopped tomatoes (S&W Italian Style), add 2 Tablespoons olive tapenade (store bought, usually found near bulk olives or make your own) Wrap everything in foil tightly.


Toss on a covered BBQ for 20 (defrosted) - 25 (frozen) minutes and depending on the thickness of the fillet. Don't open the lid. Trust me it will come out perfect every time and best of all. If you are really bad like me eat it directly from the packet and there is zero clean-up... well OK a fork.


More Eggface Foil Packet Dinners

Snacks: Lots of coffee and I made another batch of that Cinnamon Protein Ice Cream I made last week.


I'm dying to make one of those Cinnamon Churro Ricotta Pancake Ice Cream Sandwiches again and I have some ricotta to use... tomorrow. Today I had a couple of scoops with a drizzle of Sugar Free Caramel Sauce.


More Eggface Protein Ice Cream Recipes
More Days in my Pouch