Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: I set up an assemble your own parfait station with Cottage Cheese, chopped Strawberries from the Farmer's Market, some of my homemade, no sugar added Raspberry and Blueberry Chia Jam, and a few of those Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds on top for some crunch.


Love these and if you have any extra make the parfaits up in plastic cups w/ some wrap on top or little containers and you'll have a quick grab and go breakfast during the week.


More Eggface Breakfast Recipes
7 Grab and Go Breakfasts

Lunch: Leftovers of my Baked Bean Casserole. I love this casserole. It's packed with protein and I was craving it so much the other day I even turned on the oven for the 1 hour it takes to bake it (in a heatwave) yep, it's that yummy. I used ground turkey in it but you can use ground sausage or beef or no meat. Though that little bit of bacon on the top makes the whole dish and it gets super crispy. Grab your piece before it gets put on the table because it might disappear.


This was part of the pretty table setting from the other night. I did a Texas themed dinner in honor of heading there next week for the Your Weight Matters National Convention. If you are a reader in San Antonio (or near enough) come on down next week. If you can't do the whole 3 day event consider stopping in on Saturday. The Obesity Action Coalition in coordination with the YMCA of Greater San Antonio is hosting a Healthy Living Expo within our convention, health screenings, free samples, educational materials... all FREE. Hope to see you there. You can also still register for the whole convention on-site.

So back to the table setting... that denim pocket that held our cutlery is actually a pocket off of one of my pre-weight loss surgery pairs of jeans. My Mum and I made a ton of fun things with pieces of my clothes. My coin purse actually made an appearance on national television :)

More Eggface Bean Recipes

Dinner: I had to write the first draft of a paper (I've been procrastinating, seems like I haven't changed much from my original college years), it's due Monday so I set myself up outside to get it done and was fueled by some of this delicious Caprese-ish Salad, sliced tomato, fresh mozzarella, sprinkle of salt & pepper and a drizzle of store bought pesto sauce.


More Eggface Cold Eats and Healthy Salads

Snacks: Too much coffee, a Banana Caramel Shake made with Celebrate Vitamins new Caramel Vanilla Swirl Protein 20 (FYI Celebrate will be sampling Protein 20 at the Your Weight Matters Convention) and I experimented with another Quest Bar Cookie creation (I'll post about it later today maybe) and of course I had to sample the goods.



Shelly's Banana Caramel Shake

8 oz. Milk (I used Almond Milk)
1 scoop Celebrate Vitamins Caramel Vanilla Swirl Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Caramel Torani Syrup
dash of Cinnamon
a hunk of frozen Banana
a few Ice Cubes

Whiz on high in a blender. Top with another dash of cinnamon.

More Eggface Favorite Protein Shakes and Smoothies
More Days in my Pouch