Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! I'm trying to muster up the merry despite being sick. I started feeling crummy on Wednesday night (I'm 99% sure it's bronchitis) my Dr's office is closed for the holiday and the nearest urgent care in-network is over 50 miles away (Hey Anthem Blue Cross: what's up with that?!) so I'm doing all the home remedies and hopefully I'll be feeling 100% before the New Year.

Today's plan is to curl up on the couch surrounded by some of my current favorite things (Puffs with Vicks tissues, cake batter flavored Chapstick and eucalyptus oil bubbling away in my oil diffuser), maybe watch a movie and eat yummy leftovers. Thankfully, I took advantage of whatever bursts of energy I had and made a pretty festive spread yesterday and there is plenty for today.

Since I wasn't feeling well, our usual Christmas Eve tradition of the Feast of the Seven Fishes was shy a few fishes but my Guacamole Shrimp Cocktail were especially delicious this year. It was a great year for avocados. Who needs (or would want) chips?!




I also assembled a little tidbit party. Cheeses, cold cuts, nuts, a few dried fruits, olives and veggies (avocado, cucumber, tomatoes). I love these little cheese spreaders with great sayings I found at TJ Maxx the other day (umm they were supposed to be a hostess gift but loved them so much I kept them, close-up pic on my Instagram.)


I made a dip for my roast beef roll-ups (Greek yogurt with a dollop of fresh grated horseradish mixed in) that will clear your sinuses for sure.


I set up a do-it-yourself hot cocoa bar with a few Christmas Quest Protein Bar "Cookies" and my Mini Apple Breakfast Loaves for breakfast this morning.


Hot Cocoa Bar: (left to right): Fit Frappe Spiced Chai, No Sugar Added Swiss Miss Cocoa, NSA Whipped Cream, Toppings: Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, Crushed SF Peppermint, Cinnamon & Nutmeg, Sugar Free Torani Syrups in my bottle holder, Keurig for hot water (or an electric tea pot would work great too)





and now I'm sipping on a SF peppermint hot cocoa with no sugar added homemade whipped cream and wishing you all a lovely day filled with joy and laughter with family and friends and some much needed peace on earth.