Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: I swiped one of my Mini Apple Breakfast Loaves (the Chai Spice version) with a little dab of butter and warmed it in a pan till it was crunchy. You could toast it in a toaster oven too. I wrapped it up in some foil and took off for a doctor's appointment.

Weight Loss Surgery Dessert Breakfast No Sugar Added Sugar Free

More Eggface Grab and Go Breakfasts

I had an appointment with my hematologist to go over my latest lab results. They were stellar. Yay! I am pleased. I had a issue with iron last year. Iron and ferritin dropped very low despite being faithful with my vitamins. I had a 2 (well 4, it's 2 in a series) of Injectafer Iron Infusions (they are awesome) and I've been checked every 3 months for well over a year now and looks good. It's just one of those things, the double edged sword of a malabsorptive weight loss surgery procedure. The benefits still waaay outweigh the negatives for me though. Just always gotta keep up with the labs, even if you are a faithful vitamin taker because of that little section of bypassed intestine... and it's easier to adjust if something drops then it is to dig yourself out of a hole. So take your vits and get your labs done (OK off soap box.)

Lunch: I came home and made a batch of Curry Chicken Salad and I ate a big dollop with cucumber "crackers" well they were more like planks I guess. This is great to make on Sunday to have for lunches in the week. It's versatile you can top salad greens, a tomato or avocado half, or like I did with cucumber.

Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery Fitness Food Menus Lunch Recipes

Dinner: Leftovers. Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. I made these yesterday for dinner and just popped one in the microwave to reheat.

Healthy Dinner Recipes

Shelly's Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

3 Bell Peppers
1 bag Path of Life Mediterranean Quinoa
1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
1 cup Cooked Ground Beef, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
dash Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/2 cup Colby-Jack Cheese, shredded

Place de-seeded, halved peppers in a dish and microwave 6 minutes. Set aside while you prepare the filling. Prepare the quinoa as directed (basically microwave 4 minutes.) Saute beef until cooked through and no pink is seen. Blend beef with quinoa, cottage cheese, and seasonings. Divide filling among the pepper halves. Place peppers in a Pyrex baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick spray. Top with Shredded Cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Not a fan of beef, Mix in leftover cooked sausage, turkey, chicken, or leave the meat out but I'd up the cottage cheese to 1 cup then or add black beans or another bean so your filling isn't measly.

More Eggface Stuffed Pepper Recipes

I spent most of the day cleaning, dusting and getting Christmas stuff out. It sort of is just covering every surface, chair, table right now. I decorate in stages. Hoping to get it done this weekend, maybe make some snacks, play some Christmas tunes.

We don't usually decorate outside. My neighborhood is already draining the electricity grid... at the end of the block is Clark Griswold himself. His house gets brighter each year. I swear they can see it from the International Space Station. But... I was in Lowes the other day and I saw this old fashioned street lamp that has a candle light that flickers like a gas lamp and thought it was so pretty. So OK just one outdoor decoration. I love it but I HATE reading directions and putting things together. I always have some part leftover. Is it a spare? Am I missing something? Who knows. Ehhh it works.


Snacks: Coffee and I made a batch of Quest Protein Bar Pecan S'mores Cookies had 2 of those


and when I came inside from the yard work I made myself a Christmasy Protein Shake. I used Celebrate Vitamins Protein 20 Chocolate Mint flavor. Sooo good. You know those Andes Mint Chocolates, it's those... exactly.


Shelly's Double Chocolate Mint Protein Shake

1 cup milk (I used a combo of Almond and Soy)
1 scoop Celebrate Vitamins Chocolate Mint Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa
a few cubes of Ice

Whiz on high in blender. I topped it with No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of non-pareils.

More Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies
More Days in my Pouch