Friday Five

A round-up of tidbits, tips, products, ideas, news articles, random cool things from the weight, health, nutrition, food, fitness, weight loss surgery world...

1. New Product Size Alert: Celebrate Vitamins is now making travel size packets of their Protein 20 shake line (100% whey protein isolate, low in sugar, 20 grams of protein plus whatever milk you use mix it with, so perfect for bariatric surgery post-ops.) All the yummy flavors: Caramel Vanilla Swirl, Peanut Butter Cookie, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Mint (one of my ultimate favorite shakes BTW), Iced Decaf Coffee, and Unflavored are now available in both full size 15 serving bags and single serving 5 packs. Perfect for traveling, work or school. Purchase direct from (sponsor) Celebrate Vitamins

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook and watch for an opportunity to win some very soon! 

Travel Packets Single Serving Traveling Bariatric Surgery Post Op Eggface Blog Product Review Recipe

Shelly's Double Chocolate Mint Protein Shake

8 oz. Almond or Soy Milk (any)
1 scoop (or packet) of Celebrate Vitamins Protein 20 Chocolate Mint
1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa
a few ice cubes.

Whiz on high in a blender.

Eggface Healthy Travel Tips: Keeping Your Health On Track While Traveling
More Eggface Protein Shakes

2. Heads up: If you haven't yet purchased your tickets for the Your Weight Matters National Convention being held August 25-28 this is the perfect time to purchase them. In celebration of Independence Day (we're in our nation's capital this year) the Obesity Action Coalition is having a 4th of July Weekend FLASH Sale. Register with this limited time promotional code: JULY4SAVE July 1-5 to get 20% off registration YWM2016! Here's the link to REGISTER. Hope to see you there!


3. Watch This: Not sure what the Your Weight Matters National Convention is all about. Watch this 5 minute video (I've got a couple of cameos) to get a better understanding of why you won't want to miss this event when it comes to a town near you.


4. Bariatric Friendly Spotted on the Shelf: Kellogg's Special K Crustless Quiche: These are a sort of frozen, larger version of my homemade Egg Bites (aka crustless quiches.) Each quiche is 10 to 11 grams of protein, between 130-170 calories, 6-8g carbs. They come 2 in a box. Cook from frozen in the microwave, ready in 2-3 minutes. They come in three varieties: Uncured Ham, Cheese, Quinoa & Peppers; Sausage, Quinoa, Peppers, Mozzarella & Asiago; and Portobello, Quinoa, Parmesan, Asiago & Kale. I tried all three (found them in the freezer case, near egg bowls & waffles in my local supermarket.) I was afraid they would be rubbery or lay heavy but they were quite fluffy and tasty. I enjoyed them all but my favorite was the Sausage, Quinoa, Peppers, Mozzarella & Asiago flavor.

Product Review Meals Weight Loss Surgery Healthy Low Carb


I love the ability to customize and utilization of leftovers when I make my homemade Mini Egg Bites (crustless quiches) but these are a great, low carb, bariatric friendly food option for days you don't want to cook or are home alone and need a meal for one.

More Eggface Breakfast Recipes and Ideas

5. Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes!! I love Facebook on birthdays it was so nice reading through everyone's messages. Thank you so much for thinking of me xoxo. This past weekend my family came to visit. My brother's birthday was the 27th, mine the 28th and my Mum's next week. It's rare we are all under the same roof at the same time (work schedules: my sis is a nurse, brother is a middle school principal) so it was a treat for my Mum to have all her brood in town. Here's a pic from the triple digit hot & windy day (excuse the frizz and sweat) some of you know the cast of characters for those that don't L to R: my sis, Mum, bro, yours truly.